Pages

Friday 6 November 2020

The Athlectics

 Kia Ora readers,

Today I'm going to be sharing with you people of what we have been doing this term. This term we were doing athletics. In athletics we did distance running, High jump, Long jump, Shot put, Discus, and lastly sprint. My 2 favorite activity's has to be sprint and high jump. 

I like high jump cause its very challenging because you have to jump over a pole and its very hard because it goes higher every time. I also like sprint because you can go against other kids. From other classrooms.

On Wednesday we did sprinting the coach for sprints is Mrs T our teacher. So I think there were about 5 lanes yeah so one girl had to go on each lane. And other girls had to go behind us. So you had to but one leg back and one in the front we bent down a bit and once as Mrs T clapped the two bricks we had to start running. When Wednesday came the all of the kids had to come to the field we the year 6 girls had to sit in one line and the year 6 boys had to sit in one line to there were also kids to the little ones had to go first and then big kids once as it was the year 6 girls 

I came 2nd place Talisa went first the 1 and 2nd girls went to finals. 1 was one of them same as my friends. The girls that had to race each other. It didn't really go as expected Tori came first . But me and the other year 6 girls came 2nd the teachers were so confused so they told us we had to redo the race. I was surprised cause I came 2nd I didn't really think I would go to zones :).

We will be going next week on Wednesday 11th of Nonmember. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. Thank you for reading  my blog post have an amazing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.